Duro Bag Manufacturing Company is the largest manufacturer of printed and plain paper bags in North America. Duro Bag operates twelve plants in the United States and one in Mexico, employs more than three thousand people and sells point -of-purchase bags to department stores, grocery chains, and mass merchant retailers. Here is how Duro Bag has used Projectric for their project portfolio management solution, from CEO to factory floor.
Need for a Process Methodology
When Duro Bag decided to streamline its portfolio management process, they sought to:
- Increase project returns through better visibility, selection and control of projects
- Optimize the use of limited company resources
- Avoid project delays through timely communication of project status
The critical attributes they wanted in their portfolio management solution were:
- On-demand, hosted solution
- Robust features, functions, and capabilities
- Easy implementation
- Affordable for a mid-sized organization
Duro Bag found that Projectric best met all its criteria for portfolio management software. They were able to implement Projectric quickly and have since rolled it out across the company.
Adapts to Industry-Specific Standards
Duro Bag easily adapted Projectric to its manufacturing processes. Duro Bag uses Projectric to categorize its projects according to the Supply-Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR), a manufacturing process reference model for supply-chain management that describes the business activities associated with all phases of satisfying a customer’s demand. As a result, they were able to confirm quantitatively and objectively the benefits of their strong emphasis on customer related projects. Additionally, each department is able to show the strategic focus of their work efforts to senior management.
Benefits The Whole Organization
Duro Bag was so enthusiastic about the software’s quick implementation and demonstrated business value that Projectric quickly spread across the organization.
- The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is using the software to monitor progress on several corporate projects.
- The head of Human Resources is using the software to manage and monitor several key transformation projects. Duro Bag is effectively using Projectric’s dynamic tools such as resource utilization “what if” capabilities and project milestone late reporting to more effectively manage resources, communicate project status and facilitate the achievement of its business goals.
Duro Bag is effectively using Projectric’s dynamic tools such as resource utilization “what if” capabilities and project milestone late reporting to more effectively manage resources, communicate project status and facilitate the achievement of its business goals.
Read about how other Projectric customers leverage our Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solution including: