This criteria-based assessment works for evaluating any software solution – this example applies to Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
1) Ask yourself “Why Do We Need PPM?” Many organizations evaluating Project Portfolio Management software are seeking to:
- Select the right projects easily
- Track the budget and health of projects
- Organize projects
- Communicate about projects
2) Based on your “Why” list, decide which features you need to perform the functions you require. Think of this “Tool List” as a list of features. We have used these commonly desired PPM features for our comparison:
- Project Scoring (out-of-the-box)
- Responsive Notification System
- Project Health Tracker
- Data Security Features
- Automatically Update Changes
- Unlimited Users
- Resource Scheduling
- Issue Tracking
3) Select your PPM software providers.
4) Do a side-by-side weighted comparison to illuminate how providers stack up. See our comparison chart and legend below.
Schedule a demo today to see how Projectric can illuminate your project portfolio.